Our experienced, highly qualified staff offers outstanding expertise in the diagnosis of benign and malignant tumors of the skin, melanomas, inflammatory dermatoses, infectious diseases, bullous skin disorders, soft tissue tumors, cutaneous lymphoma, podiatric pathology, mucosal diseases, and hair and nail disorders including onychomycosis.
For dermatologists, pathologists, and hospital-based practices, we also provide broad consultation services and second opinions.
Our comprehensive dermatopathology services include histology, routine stains, special histochemical stains, and a full panel of immunohistochemical (IHC) stains. We also offer direct immunofluorescence analysis (DIF) with 24-hour reporting. We operate under the guiding principle that quality, accuracy and speed are essential to the evaluation and treatment of your patients’ biopsies. New diagnoses of melanoma, lymphoproliferative malignancies, and unusual or complicated cases are reviewed by a second dermatopathologist and are immediately called to the referring clinicians.
Our full-service laboratory features the latest in dermatopathology technology and techniques:
- Routine light microscopy analysis
- A full spectrum of special stains
- One of the broadest panel of immunohistochemical (IHC) stains available in California
- Direct immunofluorescence (DIF) Analysis
- Transmission electron microscopic (TEM) analysis
Each specimen is uniquely identified and carefully tracked from the time it enters our laboratory until the report is delivered to the clinician. We take every precaution to prevent specimen loss or mix-ups. Great care is taken with every sample that comes to us, to ensure that it is handled in the best manner possible and given the attention it deserves. The quality, experience and expertise of our dermatopathologists ensures that the right diagnosis is made on every patient sample.
When on occasion it is necessary to call upon outside consultation, we have developed an outstanding panel of nationally and internationally recognized experts in all areas of dermatopathology.
Our outstanding service team begins with the dermatopathologists and extends through the whole company to include our receptionists, customer service representatives, marketing team, grossing and histology technicians, billing department and administrative team.
Each referring dermatologist/clinician can choose which method he or she prefers for results reporting (i.e. hard copy, Internet, fax, email, text messaging, smart phones, desktop delivery, etc). This methodology complies with all HIPAA regulations. PathLogic has specialized interfacing software (in addition to its acclaimed PathDx reporting system) that allows for electronic data interchange (EDI). This IT capability provides a robust platform for rapid direct interfacing to electronic health records (EHR) in physician offices, clinics, surgery centers and hospitals. For additional information, please contact our customer service department toll-free at 866-863-1496.
We also offer attractive options for patients to meet their financial responsibility for their bills.
We provide all the necessary forms, courier services, specimen bottles and fixatives, and special transport media that you need to submit a specimen. We have a wide-ranging courier service that provides door-to-door pick-up and drop off of specimens and supplies. If your office is located outside of this extensive courier network, we provide Overnight FedEx pick-up for your convenience.
Rapid results reporting
- PathLogic is able to offer rapid results with an average turnaround time of 24 hours once the specimen is received.
- Our depth ensures the ability to offer routine intradepartmental consultations
- Our reports feature digital images of the salient pathologic findings
- Our laboratory is a full-service dermatopathology laboratory suite
- Light microscopy (LM) with rapid 24 hour interpretation
- A full range of special stains
- The largest panel of immunohistochemical (IHC) stains in California
- Direct Immunofluorescence analysis (DIF) with outstanding 24 hour interpretation
- Transmission electron microscopy with rapid 24-48 hour interpretation
We also employ state-of-the-art processors which have environmentally friendly features, helping to reduce toxins, waste and harm to the environment.